Saturday, October 13, 2012

Steve Jobs and Death


Mark 11-13

Jesus’ triumphal entry, beating up the moneychangers, continual debate with non-believers and the signs of the end of days take up most of our walk with Christ this morning.

Someday Christ is going to return to earth and claim all who are His.  Last night I listened to Steve Jobs commencement address to Stanford University.  He spoke of his death and how it had brought into clarity all of life.  He said death was the greatest gift to life because it cleared out all the distractions.  I faced my own death one time.  It changed my life.  It created in me an overwhelming desire to experience life.  Up until that point all that I had done was to try in every way to entertain my physical body.  Death forced me to reconcile life with my own existence and I came up sorely missing.  I needed life.  What I really needed was to be reborn, to literally die to the existence I had created and to accept life as it was meant to be.  Christ offered me that opportunity.  He is the only way that Lee could become Lee and that is the only Lee that Christ will come and get.

Georgio Klontzas, Last Judgement, 16th C.



No comments:

Post a Comment