Friday, October 26, 2012

Counting The Cost Of Shade


Luke 14

My yard is covered in leaves.  We raked it yesterday.  We have 32 trees in our yard.  That’s a lot of leaves.  You know why I have to rake the leaves?  Because I own them!!!  When I bought the house 16 years ago it didn’t dawn on me that I bought every leaf as well.  Every fall for 16 years I have had to take care of them. 

Ownership comes with a cost and the cost can cause you to become distracted from reality.

“So therefore, no one of you can be My (Jesus) disciple who does not give up his own possessions.” 14: 33

In the Greek this verse does not mean to abandon one’s possessions but to keep them in proper categorization. 

Leaf Category
         Shade comes at a cost.

Monet's
Willow Tree

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to think about the fact that 16 years ago you did not own the leaves you raked yesterday. God is upholding his creation by the power of his word - so that it is becoming new each year and shedding new leaves that were not your leaves but His - 16 years ago.

    ReplyDelete