Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Earth Elder

I am an elder of the earth.  I know the land and sea. I have been to mountain tops, lived through ocean storms, have found my two great loves, Him, and her, and have given my whole being away.  I have survived death and returned to the living, been tormented by burns, broken-hearted by lost ones, and experienced births firsthand, and deaths of the living.  I have seen behind the veil, had angels come to serve me, fought God and lost, walked every mile the prodigal and every mile back home. I have lived in squallers, under bridges, in mansions, and on My Side of the Mountain.  I have opened myself to the Great Eternal and suffered the torments and ecstasies.  I see most dawns and sunsets, married people by waterfalls, and love my lover everywhere.  I have pushed my body to collapse, lain in hot springs deep in the Rockies, and lived above the Arctic Circle.  I am scarred from head to ankle from heart to soul from daylight to daylight.  I have lived and am living.  I am an elder of the earth.   



No comments:

Post a Comment