Sunday, March 31, 2024

"He Pulled Outta There" today.

I have known two great witnesses of the faith, my mom and dad.  All my references of how to live in the peace, love, and works of the faith find their foundations with these two great pillars of the temple of Christianity.  My dad has long since passed.  My mom is fading into eternity little by little her mind leading her body.  Throughout it all she has remained most lucid in her faith.  When she could not recall much, she could always recall her faith in the way she would pray.  Even this is fading now.  This week Betty and I visited with her.  We always close our visit by reading one of the familiar Bible stories and singing an old familiar hymn and then I ask mom to close us in prayer.  We talked about Easter and what it meant, and I asked her, “Mom do you know what happened to Jesus after he was buried?”  She looked puzzled for a minute and then exclaimed in certainty, “Well I guess He pulled outta there!”  Yes, halleluiah, He’s pulled outta there today!!!    

Every visit I show her pictures of her life 
long ago and all her loved ones who came from her.


No comments:

Post a Comment