Sunday, February 11, 2024

Dilling Pickles at my Pity Party

I am having a destination pity party, Recliner Resort. Routines mean so much to me, those blessings of regularity, biking, walking His Fair Haven, hiking, and riding the back roads have been replaced with icing, elevating, pill-popping, exercising, walking, rest, repeat.  My wife has been reborn as special forces commander just prettier.  She clasps her hands under her chin, leans her head sideways, and says, “Have you done your exercises?” her way of ice-cold commanding.  If she weren’t so beautiful…  To be honest I am very grateful.  I live in a country where I can have my old knee replaced with a new one attended by the most cheerful, helpful, and brilliant people dedicated to their craft.  My rehab is at Fair Haven.  My wife truly was born for therapy and caregiving.  And I have insurance to pay for it all.  As I heard a grandmother say yesterday, “This just dills my pickle!” which means, I’m doing fine! 

Part of the joy of Fair Haven rehab is we 
always have the wildest creatures in our front yard.  This 
was yesterday.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment