Wednesday, October 11, 2023

A Garden of Earthly Delights

A day in sunny Scotland is to be celebrated as this morning we awoke to pouring rain and biting wind.  However, yesterday was glorious, sunny, warm, wild, and opening vast open spaces of beauty.  We finally made it to the NC500, a five-hundred-mile loop around the Northern Highlands laid out in the most remote and beautiful areas of the country.  As we rode through, I thought about how I was to convey this in words a feat beauty often denies and again this morning I find myself struggling to express what we saw yesterday.  Mostly it was barren beauty, nothing obstructing our view for thousands of acres of rolling wilderness, over more than a hundred miles.  The road is often single-lane with pull-offs, seldom used because of the lack of traffic.  Quite, solitude, just God, my lover, and me and a garden of earthly delights. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment