Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Light Leaking From Behind The Veil


It is dark and quiet.  I seem to always be up way before light.  I think about my neighborhood and think of the miracle that my neighbors are all unconscious together.  I look out toward the woods and see nothing even though there are trees within a few feet of me and I am thankful for light and I wonder at His first thought of light and did He smile?  Classes begin today and I think of all those empty neurons in my student’s brains and wonder at what I might say or do to fill them up and what an empty and full neuron might look like.  I imagine it unbuckling its belt and stretching out to relax after a full meal of art class.  I love sitting alone with God, experiencing life in a way that my senses are wholly inadequate for.  Our senses will prove to us there is a God (Romans 1:20) but Someone else is needed to know Him—the Holy Spirit.  I like that name Holy Spirit, makes me marvel with imagination.  It is dark and quiet and my imagination is filled with light leaking from behind The Veil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment