Saturday, August 10, 2024

To Taste a Peach

My lover and I ate a peach yesterday, under a blue sky in the wilds of Appalachia.  Its juice ran down my arm.  It gave me this thought.  Imagine all the time imaginable and all the chances that could chance.  Could all that time and all those chances, alone, come up with the taste of a peach?  Not the peach or the peach tree but the taste?  That is why I worship, adore, and follow as Lord, my God, and His Son, my Savior, Christ Jesus, and rely on His Spirit Holy.  There are no others.  It is Them or nothing and I have to ready myself to meet These Three or ready myself for nothing.  And by nothing, I mean no light, love, touch, smell, flowers, water, food, peace, time…or taste.  Nothing.  The taste of a peach is a sure prelude to meeting, and always being with These Three.    



No comments:

Post a Comment