Wednesday, August 21, 2024

How To Respond to an Otter

I saw an otter yesterday.  The third time since being at Fair Haven.  Seeing an otter is not an everyday occurrence, like a shooting star it startled me when I saw it.  Its long, lean, and shining body bounded down our seawall onto the riprap and eventually back down in the river…and was gone.  The joy of it is so acute that my first thought was to assure myself I saw it and was thus assured by the smile on my face.  These experiences are life-giving, demanding I live this precious thing named life.  I was once a very dull boy, called manhood, but nothing was manly about me.  I was as dead and dumb as dirt.  But I got saved from my dullness and now am given life every time I am bright enough to acknowledge Him.  Thankfulness is a gateway trait into life and the only response when seeing an otter.   



  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment