Friday, May 6, 2016

Why Plant Trees

I am planting trees and someone asked me, “Why do you like planting trees?”  “It is a hopeful act, it is sincere and grateful, it’s doing good, leaving it better than you found it, helping out, giving back, it leaves your mark because it will outlive you, it’s kind, it’s sweet, it’s righteous” I responded.

I thought about that conversation this morning and remembered this.

We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.”

Planting trees is a dirty business!  True righteousness would be inventing trees.  Then I remembered this.

“In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.”  Jesus

I’m glad Jesus had the last word in my quiet time.  The moral of this blog;  when someone asks you why you plant trees you should respond, “I plant trees so that people will praise The Inventor Of Trees.”




No comments:

Post a Comment