Sunday, May 29, 2016

Not For All The Soul's On Earth

There is an emotional toll for sacrifice.  Imagine if you had a first born son, which I do, and if he were your beloved, which he is, and that you found great delight in him, which I do, and that he was worthy, which he is.  Now imagine sacrificing him for others and those others rejecting him.  I can unequivocally say that there would be an emotional toll that would have a physical response, I would tear something up, something would bear the brunt of my feelings.  I once had a studio mate in graduate school that had contracted cancer as a teenager.  He said when he got the news he went out into the woods and chopped down a tree as a release for his hurt and anger. 


It’s a wonder the cosmos survived God’s sacrifice! 


No comments:

Post a Comment