Monday, October 14, 2024

Old and Fairly Simple

I am an old man, fairly simple. Last evening, as I pulled back my curtain, I found myself late to sunset. I also found myself locked in with a lock that bedeviled my old fingers to open, putting me in a state of urgency. Finally, successfully opening it and walking out in the yard for the full view, I was amused at myself for finding the sunset so important. Thus, I reminded myself that there are limited sunsets in an old man’s life.  I was then startled because I began to weep with joy and was momentarily lost as to why I was responding so.  However, almost immediately, I began to praise God for it was His Almightyness I was being a part of.  Earth spinning away from Sunstar is a Divine rollercoaster, The Suncoaster, and I should hurry to get on.  Later, my lover and I sat on the swing down by the river watching night become and I began to tell her things I like, beginning with sunsets.  I like knowing all the knowing I have of 66 years.  I like a good kiss.  I like being in quiet, like nature, the softness of it.  I like sitting close to her.  I like a good dog and a good book.  I like hearing our grandfather clock chime.  I like thinking simply good thoughts… like God making Himself knowable to the old and fairly simple.

I told my lover she was primping for the Suncoaster ride!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment