Friday, October 11, 2024

Blue Does Not Talk Back To God

I spend every morning with God and His earth, just Him, it, and me.  I am reminded I am a performer, a man on a stage pouring forth myself in honor of Him.  This is why I always try and place myself within the earth.  It knows how to perform.  All its glory and beauty open the day declaring His glorious kindness and creativity.  Every actor knows its lines, hits its spot, and delivers a stunning performance.  I like that about the earth, it knows its place and purpose. 

I find it deeply moving that the Bible gives us a clear picture of the sincere obedience of the created world.  “Hush be still.” and the wind and waves say, “Yes, Sir!”, the fig tree dies, the whirlwind is made host for God, water changes to wine, sticks sprout almonds, birds bring bread, donkeys talk, and my favorite, stones are reserved for singing praises. I have often picked up a stone and asked what praises it would say.  Humans are the only ones who get to talk back to God, but only for a season.  Eventually, He is going to say, “Get on your knees and bow down to Me!” and every one of us will say, “Yes, Sir!” Yesterday while bike riding I pointed toward the blue sky for Betty to look but as I did I began to wave at the blue.  I laughed at myself because I knew, it was blue because He said, “Be blue!” and the sky said, “OK!”  Ok is the best response when God is talking to you whether man, beast, or blue.



  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment