Friday, July 19, 2024

Oh But I Am Not Alone

A sweet lover is the most sincere gift outside of God himself, for allowing one to grow old with peace and joy.  I often watch mine nap during the day, her years relaxed and purely surfaced, a partner on my road to eternity.  I have lived with her over 40 years and her age is like height to a maple tree, giving me hope for greater and greater beauty as each fall rolls around.  She is this way, decanted wine, better and better she ages.  She is beautiful but it is her sweet kindness that creates in her an alluring which gives me joy in aging.  A sweet lover is the warmth of old age, a Godly kindness of balm for the aches of my heart and soul, like warm water to my aging body, soothing the journey behind the veil. 


      

No comments:

Post a Comment