Sunday, July 14, 2024

Dull Styrofoam and Wonderful Yokes

I am in a hotel room far from home.  My lover sleeps restlessly signally she will soon awake.  I am drinking my coffee from a styrofoam hotel room cup.  It continually reminds me of the poverty of modernity.  We have become a throw-away society surrounding ourselves with daily rituals and utensils that have no personal tie to our lives.  I have a beautiful, handmade ceramic coffee cup in my car two floors down and outside.  I carry one whenever we travel but forgot to bring it up last night.  It is a small but powerful way to enhance the act of being alive, to allow beauty, even small beauty, to fill all moments and rituals of my day.  It is small but so is blue and the wild violet along the trail.  All beauty is divine, it is God reminding us HE IS, and He is for us.  Surrounding oneself with it is our acknowledging Him, it is working out of our daily salvation, and in it, we are in relationship with Him.  This is life easy, and abundant, the yoke we are meant to wear…a yoke legend says Christ Jesus made the best ones in all Galilee during his days learning the craft of beautiful woodwork.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment