Thursday, June 6, 2024

What Happened to My America?

What happened to my America.  The easy one, laid back and gentle, stirring in equal measures pride, hope, and a sense of optimism.  Was it youth, a young body who could go all day with eyes better to see?  No, it was America.  I was proud of America and proud to be known as an American.  Right was right, good, good, and sunshine lit the way.  I made model Lunar landers, played sports, wore a cowboy hat, and listened to The Guess Who and Bread.  I went off the reservation but never thought I was doing right.  Remember right was right and I knew right, my mom and dad always ensured that.  I am often shamed by America today, of our government, our media, our churches, and our entertainment. It reminds me of the old Hank Williams song, Drifting to Far From the Shore.  I sit at Fair Haven and watch my America drifting away.   


     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment