Saturday, June 22, 2024

War Is Deadly for the Killed and the Killer

I have never liked Blue Jays.  They only squawk and travel in gangs.  There are a gang of them who daily torment our bluebirds trying to eat their eggs and young.  I sat on our porch every morning having my quiet time and using a BB gun to scare the Jays off.  I am reading in Judges of the “test” of war God gave Israel to ensure they would be obedient.  War is deadly.   This morning I killed a Blue Jay.  An improbable shot, 45 feet into leaves which hid the Jay.  It dropped like a stone out of the tree.  I take no satisfaction in killing any living thing.  War is deadly.  I do not know why these thoughts are held in my heart nor why I  feel compelled to publicly confess them.  War is deadly for both the killed and the killer.  

The dead.


     


No comments:

Post a Comment