Sunday, September 15, 2024

The Way We Were

Watching night become day.  

Peace abides on the flowing river, silver sky, and clarinet sounds circling around the early dawn.  Growing old is the most ancient melody, a sweet surrendering of most things held dear to cling to the sun, moon, and forest.  Those things that are of the primeval, the things building the double helix that intertwine my heart and soul to Him. But there is one other greater still.  Love abounds.  Like the living air around me now, presses on, encases me, “living water” pouring forth to all the world and all that abideth therein.  This primordial thing, gifted me, flowing through me, Eden’s other river, that now begins to carry me along toward that coming crossing over the other river, Jordan.  Oh, the greater knowing of the “greatest of these” like the still whisper of The Way We Were assuring this is the way I will soon be.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment