Thursday, September 5, 2024

Oh To Make Myself an Ant

Studying Job for my sermon on Sunday.  

It would be like me looking down and seeing an ant struggling to take a tiny crumb home to his family for breakfast. Having just eaten the biscuits for my breakfast, I might smile at the ant and at our new relationship together, but there is nothing the ant can do to impact me, add or subtract from me, or be of any consequence to me.  Nor can the ant know of how grander I am than he or how I have supplied his family with its meal today, that it lives on my porch, or that I mind all the world he lives upon, ensuring it is kept and nice.  Yes, the ant and I are in a relationship but not so much that the ant knows or could even understand.   Imagine how sad the ant's life is for he does not know me...Unless I could make myself an ant.        



No comments:

Post a Comment