Saturday, September 14, 2024

Skip To My Loo

Has all of life turned on its head and silly seems the heinous things and laughter fills all the hauntings of old?  Has all my years I have come been a long journey to dregs, to sit by the silt and see only barrenness wave above the plains?  The gild is off the lily, the polish tarnished, the silver sold, the gold cold.  Send in the clowns, the circus failed, three rings of fools charging millions their trillions.  Pledging death, throw the baby out with the baptismal, anointing blood to soothe the saints.  I hear the anthem, haggard played, a snowball headed for hell, and all along they "skip to my loo, can’t get a red bird, a jay bird’ll do"…until you hear the dreaded screeching of that bird’ll never do.  


Oh for the balm of midnight sigh singing…

“Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.  Praise the LORD!”   

Come, Lord Jesus!  Come!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment