Sunday, May 19, 2024

Me and the worm in My Front Yard

*I am so fortunate that You (God) left me a record, that You spoke, shared Your heart with me, and had someone write it down.  I am fortunate You gave me rules so that I am not wandering around making it up as I go.  I am also thankful that although much of it is beyond my understanding nothing calling for my obedience is.  I liken it to be much like me and the thousands of worms living in my yard.  The worm cannot march into my house and make me prove myself to it but that doesn’t mean that when I find the worm on the deadly concrete of my front porch I don’t reach down, pick it up, and toss it into my grass where it can live its perfect and rewarding life eating my dirt in my front yard.  Humility and a true sense of my fallenness are the keys to a healthy and rewarding life with God Almighty in His front yard.  The same goes for a knowledge of His record He left me.  ‘God’s Decree. ‘“For as the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.”’ Isaiah 55:9 The Message

*Written after reading the account of God’s first revealing of Himself to the chosen people.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment