We will move toward home today even though we won’t turn directly south for three more days. It was a long haul up here and a long one back, ending in a mad dash for the border to get us to our plane on time. Canada has in many ways caught us off guard and made us pay. I had closely followed the weather to make sure we packed appropriately, but I did not take into account the wind and “feels like.” For instance, this morning when I got up, the temperature was 43°, but with the wind, which is strong, it “feels like” 27°. That is a significant difference in how one might dress.
However, we are both tumbleweeds, just easily go with the flow, and so we are now layering 4 and 5 layers to go out and have learned a good lesson.
Had a good hike up Salmon Ponds Trail yesterday; it rained most of the late evening and night, and we are facing a six-hour trip to Prince Edward Island today. We have a three-day camp there, setting us up for the two-day mad dash. Tumbling along. Happy Trails.
No comments:
Post a Comment