Thursday, August 6, 2026

Stardust

I sit in my hot tub in the dark of night looking at the stars as they move across the same heavens Adam gazed at.  I follow the many satellites, wonder what they are doing in the planes that move silently over me, and listen to Willie’s Stardust album, waiting on September Song to play.  It is the life theme of my time left on earth.  I am in the fall of life, and fall is my time of year.  I reflect and plan what has been put by and what I need to plant.  I think of coming warm fires, a new year, and what a 68-year-old body is capable of doing and what it might need; to do it. My body is a marvel of engineering Holiness, made special just for me to be just the me I was made to be at 68.  It now reminds me quietly, and viciously, that life, all life, is a gift made to wonder “In my heart there always will remain, My stardust melody, The memory of love’s refrain.”   




No comments:

Post a Comment